There’s an interesting new site, called ORC ID, to store publications, in this case computer science research.
I think there may be more options I’ve not looked into yet in setting it up, but seems like a straightforward research listing site that allows the user to edit the publication entries and import them via bibtex format.
Did a blog post on a bunch of different web dev technologies:
MySQL, Drupal, Linux, Jquery, Symfony, PHP Optimization, Kalabox, Docker, and a bunch of other tech notes.
These could have been more organized, but talked about tech I have been interested in.
Will update links here to Drupal 8 module and custom development in PHP notes, also Symfony notes where it makes sense.
Expecting that the list will grow to include development pointers for specific development situations.
Starting to compile lots of information about Migrating from Drupal 8 from either Drupal 6 or Drupal 7. Some very good tutorials are available, and I’ll update as needed to post more as I find them.
It’s good to see so much information out there as many sites have already been migrated to Drupal 8.
Listing here Drupal specific configuration notes for remembering and links to instruction pages on Tumblr to separate them from Ubuntu/Linux specific technical notes. Can add tech-notes to this about Drupal and PHP-MySQL related Drupal as I find them.
Some notes on Tumblr for web development setup after installing Ubuntu Linux 16.04, mainly for me to remember. The later notes are specific for Drupal and/or a PHP environment.
- Gnome Flashback is useful for users who are more comfortable with that interface.
- For the Gnome Flashback windows manager, move the menu bar to the bottom of the screen.
- For a faster, less manual, installation of many services like Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, and other software, Webmin can be used.
- How to install, currently, Google Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Install PHP on Linux.
- Install PHP Composer on Ubutnu Linux.
- Install Drush for Drupal via Composer
- Install Drupal once Drush and Composer are installed
- Install MySQL Workbench – easy on this version of Linux
- Enable the PHP 7 OpCode cache.
- SSL setup for Apache2, Ubuntu 16
- MemCached on Ubuntu 16.04 (and CentOS) + Drupal
- Varnish for Drupal 7 and more performance options
- Fast switching between PHP Versions, PHP 7
Aug 24, 2017 drulm pushed to 8.x-1.x at drulm/google_books_drupal_8 1b43688 Fix image display option, clean up code
via drulm pushed to 8.x-1.x at drulm/google_books_drupal_8 — drulm’s Activity