Some notes on Tumblr for web development setup after installing Ubuntu Linux 16.04, mainly for me to remember. The later notes are specific for Drupal and/or a PHP environment.
- Gnome Flashback is useful for users who are more comfortable with that interface.
- For the Gnome Flashback windows manager, move the menu bar to the bottom of the screen.
- For a faster, less manual, installation of many services like Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, and other software, Webmin can be used.
- How to install, currently, Google Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Install PHP on Linux.
- Install PHP Composer on Ubutnu Linux.
- Install Drush for Drupal via Composer
- Install Drupal once Drush and Composer are installed
- Install MySQL Workbench – easy on this version of Linux
- Enable the PHP 7 OpCode cache.
- SSL setup for Apache2, Ubuntu 16
The links below have listings of tomes read on the bookshelf and future volumes to consume from the GoodReads profile pages for Darrell Raymond Ulm.
GoodReads profile for Darrell Ulm
The book list is mostly covering comp. sci., parallel computing, and algorithms.
Learning more about WordPress and Drupal migrations and best ways to perform the database migrations for Views/Ubercart in Drupal and how to recreate in WooComerce. Darrell Ulm’s WordPress.org profile links are below:
Darrell Ulm WordPress Support Page
Darrell Ulm WordPress Main Profile Page
Finding well traveled WordPress plug-ins and learning about WP-API for custom plug-in development in PHP, similar to Drupal 5, 6, and 7.
The link following is referring to the SlideShare for Darrell Ulm saved presentations containing slide shows for Computer Science, Apache Spark, Python, Software Dev., parallel algorithms, and Drupal. Also put links to saved slides for Apache Spark, Hadoop, and Drupal.
Github is taking over the online software development repository sphere, and certainly have a huge market share of all online managed software projects, Open Source and proprietary.
Here is the Github account profile page with source code in C#, C/C++, PHP, ASM and others for Darrell Ulm and other links to this information can be found at the following: Profile, Tumblr and Blogger.
GitHub is a great tool for software development making most tasks more streamlined and helping multi-developer projects come together more cleanly with a smooth workflow.
The link below is for the Drupal Profile for Darrell Ulm, a Drupal user and code contributor for over 10 years.
The profile here Drupal Profile link for Darrell Ulm, contains information about projects such as the project using the Google API for Books (i.e. Google Books), content access restriction modules such as IP Path Access and FileField Role Limit, and other modules coded primarily in PHP/MySQL.
To find this post information organized by different but similar sites, see SuperPowerPlanet, Blogger, and the Tumblr site.
Also have Acquia Certified Developer status now as can be seen here.