Starting to compile lots of information about Migrating from Drupal 8 from either Drupal 6 or Drupal 7. Some very good tutorials are available, and I’ll update as needed to post more as I find them.
It’s good to see so much information out there as many sites have already been migrated to Drupal 8.
Listing here Drupal specific configuration notes for remembering and links to instruction pages on Tumblr to separate them from Ubuntu/Linux specific technical notes. Can add tech-notes to this about Drupal and PHP-MySQL related Drupal as I find them.
Some notes on Tumblr for web development setup after installing Ubuntu Linux 16.04, mainly for me to remember. The later notes are specific for Drupal and/or a PHP environment.
- Gnome Flashback is useful for users who are more comfortable with that interface.
- For the Gnome Flashback windows manager, move the menu bar to the bottom of the screen.
- For a faster, less manual, installation of many services like Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, and other software, Webmin can be used.
- How to install, currently, Google Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Install PHP on Linux.
- Install PHP Composer on Ubutnu Linux.
- Install Drush for Drupal via Composer
- Install Drupal once Drush and Composer are installed
- Install MySQL Workbench – easy on this version of Linux
- Enable the PHP 7 OpCode cache.
- SSL setup for Apache2, Ubuntu 16
- MemCached on Ubuntu 16.04 (and CentOS) + Drupal
- Varnish for Drupal 7 and more performance options
- Fast switching between PHP Versions, PHP 7
The links below have listings of tomes read on the bookshelf and future volumes to consume from the GoodReads profile pages for Darrell Raymond Ulm.
GoodReads profile for Darrell Ulm
The book list is mostly covering comp. sci., parallel computing, and algorithms.
Learning more about WordPress and Drupal migrations and best ways to perform the database migrations for Views/Ubercart in Drupal and how to recreate in WooComerce. Darrell Ulm’s WordPress.org profile links are below:
Darrell Ulm WordPress Support Page
Darrell Ulm WordPress Main Profile Page
Finding well traveled WordPress plug-ins and learning about WP-API for custom plug-in development in PHP, similar to Drupal 5, 6, and 7.
The link following is referring to the SlideShare for Darrell Ulm saved presentations containing slide shows for Computer Science, Apache Spark, Python, Software Dev., parallel algorithms, and Drupal. Also put links to saved slides for Apache Spark, Hadoop, and Drupal.