Some notes on Tumblr for web development setup after installing Ubuntu Linux 16.04, mainly for me to remember. The later notes are specific for Drupal and/or a PHP environment.
- Gnome Flashback is useful for users who are more comfortable with that interface.
- For the Gnome Flashback windows manager, move the menu bar to the bottom of the screen.
- For a faster, less manual, installation of many services like Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, and other software, Webmin can be used.
- How to install, currently, Google Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Install PHP on Linux.
- Install PHP Composer on Ubutnu Linux.
- Install Drush for Drupal via Composer
- Install Drupal once Drush and Composer are installed
- Install MySQL Workbench – easy on this version of Linux
- Enable the PHP 7 OpCode cache.
- SSL setup for Apache2, Ubuntu 16
An minimal PHP MVC framework, for the fun.
Jun 12, 2017 drulm pushed to master at drulm/MeaMVC 2a6c853 Merge branch ‘master’ of github.com:drulm/MeaMVC 4b28850 remove logs View comparison for these 2 commits »
via drulm pushed to master at drulm/MeaMVC — drulm’s Activity
The options on the new Gravatar page are getting better, and following is the link for Darrell Ulm.
Data formats of JSON, XML, PHP, QR, and HTML (link above) give nice options access.
The links below have listings of tomes read on the bookshelf and future volumes to consume from the GoodReads profile pages for Darrell Raymond Ulm.
GoodReads profile for Darrell Ulm
The book list is mostly covering comp. sci., parallel computing, and algorithms.
Learning more about WordPress and Drupal migrations and best ways to perform the database migrations for Views/Ubercart in Drupal and how to recreate in WooComerce. Darrell Ulm’s WordPress.org profile links are below:
Darrell Ulm WordPress Support Page
Darrell Ulm WordPress Main Profile Page
Finding well traveled WordPress plug-ins and learning about WP-API for custom plug-in development in PHP, similar to Drupal 5, 6, and 7.
Here is a link to the Darrell Ulm TedTalk Page which has lectures about computational technology, and future computer tech.