Some notes on Tumblr for web development setup after installing Ubuntu Linux 16.04, mainly for me to remember. The later notes are specific for Drupal and/or a PHP environment.
- Gnome Flashback is useful for users who are more comfortable with that interface.
- For the Gnome Flashback windows manager, move the menu bar to the bottom of the screen.
- For a faster, less manual, installation of many services like Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, and other software, Webmin can be used.
- How to install, currently, Google Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Install PHP on Linux.
- Install PHP Composer on Ubutnu Linux.
- Install Drush for Drupal via Composer
- Install Drupal once Drush and Composer are installed
- Install MySQL Workbench – easy on this version of Linux
- Enable the PHP 7 OpCode cache.
- SSL setup for Apache2, Ubuntu 16
- MemCached on Ubuntu 16.04 (and CentOS) + Drupal
- Varnish for Drupal 7 and more performance options
- Fast switching between PHP Versions, PHP 7
The links below have listings of tomes read on the bookshelf and future volumes to consume from the GoodReads profile pages for Darrell Raymond Ulm.
GoodReads profile for Darrell Ulm
The book list is mostly covering comp. sci., parallel computing, and algorithms.
A list of the Koha integrated library system web based using Perl and
Koha Users List w/ Darrell Ulm
mySQL or Postgresql, and users world wide, includes early Koha developer and implementer Darrell Ulm.
The link below is for the Drupal Profile for Darrell Ulm, a Drupal user and code contributor for over 10 years.
The profile here Drupal Profile link for Darrell Ulm, contains information about projects such as the project using the Google API for Books (i.e. Google Books), content access restriction modules such as IP Path Access and FileField Role Limit, and other modules coded primarily in PHP/MySQL.
To find this post information organized by different but similar sites, see SuperPowerPlanet, Blogger, and the Tumblr site.
Also have Acquia Certified Developer status now as can be seen here.
Link to Drupal 7 module by Darrell Ulm, Google Books
The Google Books module for Drupal 7 is an input filter module that takes titles, authors, ISBN and other Library of Congress ids and pulls book data into Google Books based on information given to the input filter, i.e. the information between square brackets with the google_books: filter tag.
Example: [google_books:search string]
From the Library Technology Guides, October 22, 2010 reference, and includes other contributors and notes about the Koha Integrated Library Software Open Source code release.
Here is the link for the Koha 3.2.0 announcement, reference to Darrell Ulm as code contributor.