Will update links here to Drupal 8 module and custom development in PHP notes, also Symfony notes where it makes sense.
Expecting that the list will grow to include development pointers for specific development situations.
Listing here Drupal specific configuration notes for remembering and links to instruction pages on Tumblr to separate them from Ubuntu/Linux specific technical notes. Can add tech-notes to this about Drupal and PHP-MySQL related Drupal as I find them.
Some notes on Tumblr for web development setup after installing Ubuntu Linux 16.04, mainly for me to remember. The later notes are specific for Drupal and/or a PHP environment.
- Gnome Flashback is useful for users who are more comfortable with that interface.
- For the Gnome Flashback windows manager, move the menu bar to the bottom of the screen.
- For a faster, less manual, installation of many services like Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, and other software, Webmin can be used.
- How to install, currently, Google Chrome on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Install PHP on Linux.
- Install PHP Composer on Ubutnu Linux.
- Install Drush for Drupal via Composer
- Install Drupal once Drush and Composer are installed
- Install MySQL Workbench – easy on this version of Linux
- Enable the PHP 7 OpCode cache.
- SSL setup for Apache2, Ubuntu 16
- MemCached on Ubuntu 16.04 (and CentOS) + Drupal
- Varnish for Drupal 7 and more performance options
- Fast switching between PHP Versions, PHP 7
The options on the new Gravatar page are getting better, and following is the link for Darrell Ulm.
Data formats of JSON, XML, PHP, QR, and HTML (link above) give nice options access.
At: https://libraries.io/github/drulm is the profile page on Libraries.io which contains some of the Open Source software contributions made by Darrell Raymond Ulm.
Learning more about WordPress and Drupal migrations and best ways to perform the database migrations for Views/Ubercart in Drupal and how to recreate in WooComerce. Darrell Ulm’s WordPress.org profile links are below:
Darrell Ulm WordPress Support Page
Darrell Ulm WordPress Main Profile Page
Finding well traveled WordPress plug-ins and learning about WP-API for custom plug-in development in PHP, similar to Drupal 5, 6, and 7.